Monday 27 January 2014

In love with…drawing


In between commissions I occasionally take on personal portrait pieces, they're always fun to do as I love drawing people and I've found recently in my commercial practice I seem to be drawing slightly less of them.

I will always adore drawing characters, I remember whilst I was an art student one evening I filled a whole concertina moleskin sketchbook of portraits and it was when I clicked with drawing people - sometimes there's a creative block where you hold back drawing a certain thing that you feel you can't, you can build up an almost fear of drawing that thing. I did that with people, but that evening I sat and drew and drew and it finally clicked. I think with drawing it's a process of practise and constantly evolving.

No comments:

Post a Comment